Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SWING ...Batter Batter...SWING !!!!!



"Hey Batter Batter... Hey Batter Batter."

Here I am trying to get back into the swing of things. It is not easy to move ahead after losing someone you love. Even if it is something as small as a dog. To me, she is huge.


 I cried less yesterday than I did the day before. Well into the morning, I haven't cried once. Yet. I picked out the picture I will hang on my wall of my little four legged friend. It may bring tears to my eyes as I pet the picture. But what I want to do is to let it bring back all the fun memories.

Next to the picture I wil hang a heart shaped plaque that has her foot print embedded in it. I know just where I want to put it,,, right next to another heart ornament that  says, "A Friend Is One of God's miracles."

I am back up to to the plate, Ready to swing again. And even if I cry and strike out today, or tomorrow, I will have fun memories of the game. And who knows... maybe, just maybe, I might look for another dog to chase the ball.  Nothing can ever replace that wagging tail player... but I am willing to give a new player a chance at the game.

A Puppy Poem
You can't buy loyalty, they say
I bought it though, the other day;
You can't buy friendship, tried and true,
But just the same, I bought that too.
I made my bid, and on the spot
Bought love and faith and a whole job lot
Of happiness, so all in all
The purchase price was pretty small
I bought a single trusting heart,
That gave devotion from the start
If you think these things are not for sale,
Buy a brown-eyed puppy with a wagging tail.
Author Unknown


2 comments: