Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rewards














I have never felt the emotion of a soldier coming back into my arms. Shivers of watching a healed man walk in a miraculous healing has never been witnessed by me. I have not run through grass to my sweetheart while he ran to me. A key of my very own brand new car has never been handed to me. A million dollars never crossed my hands. What is it like to get the promotion you have been waiting for? My book hasn't been published nor has anyone heard my song on the radio. You probably won't see the number on my back as you run to catch up to me in a marathon. Doubt you will ever call me Dr..of anything. There won't be a plaque saying I discovered a hidden cure. No trophies line my shelf. And hearing my name called as I cross the stage in a college graduation is a far away dream.

Jeremiah 29 11: "For I know I the plans I have for you, declares the Lords, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to giv eyou a hope and a future."



But what I have is in life is more rewarding more to me than all of these
things.Through out my life of ups and downs, and struggles and heart aches, wishes, wants and dreams, I gained something that only love could give. It is a hope for my future. A plan made by God to live for Him. I will fight for the right to run to Him as He waits for me with open arms. I have
learned that the key to heaven is to accept and trust the daily polished and
shining love of Jesus. I might not ever get those millions but I will prosper in His riches. My promotion is in working for Him, with Him and by His
power I will climb the ladder of spiritual success..My name is written in the
book of life. I will sing praises to the Lord and when I graduate, the only
trophy I want is the one that is engraved, “Well done my good and faithful
servant.” In this  I will have won.


2 Corinthians 4 :17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment