Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Let It Go






"Stand fast therefore in the liberty
where with Christ hath made us free,
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."
Galatians 5:1 (KJV)


Let me compare asking forgiveness to flying a kite. I see myself letting go of the kite (sin). At times it takes a while and I let it go a bit at time, letting the string off the reel just an inch here and an inch there. I often feel huge convictions and so I just let it unreel faster and faster and run and rush to give more of it to God. It is flying high, getting closer to God the higher it gets. But, because I still have the string, I am still attached and in control of the kite (sin). I haven't yet given it freely and fully to God. I keep hold of it to use one day when it is convenient for me to take back and use for my pleasure. When I decide that this is too much for me to be trusted with, because I am surely willing to abuse it, I know I can let go of that control. I let go of the kite (sin) and its string... and let it be totally Gods. Picturing my hands releasing what wasn't mine to begin with, a freedom occurs and I am at peace.
I don't want to run after it, chasing and hoping for another chance to take control again. I need to quit running after what I have given to the Lord. I desire to give it to God and be set free.

Lord, help me to let You take total control of my life. Help me to release everything to You. Do not let me get tangled in the kite string of bondage. Thank You for giving us the ability of being set free in Christ.

Let Go and Let God
By Helen Steiner Rice

When you are troubled and worried  and sick at heart,
When your plans are upset and your world falls apart,
Remember God's ready and waiting to share,
The burden you find much to heavy to bear.
So with faith, let go and let God lead the way
Into a less troubled and brighter day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is the most understandable explanation of "letting go and letting God" I've ever read. Beautiful and inspired!

    ReplyDelete