Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tempted and Loved

 

Temptation


"Oh my godness, I get so confused. Do I do this for me? Isn't what I want important too? Aw, just this once won't hurt anyone. I'm willing to take the risk. It's worth is all. Besides...no one is looking. No one that is, but me..and God."

Merriam Webster  Temptation-

1: the act of tempting or the state of being tempted especially to evil enticement 

2: something tempting : a cause or occasion of enticement






 
Temptation.- - - when you want to do something you know you shouldn't.
Some temptations are easy to walk away from, never looking back at it and  easy to say no to. Others ones are stubborn . They nag and nag and pull and tug at you waiting for you to give into it's  determined request.
 
Your mind is having a sprititual tug of war.
 
Ephesians 6:12 : For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
 
Jesus knows all about the temptations you face. After all, He was tempted too. But Jesus never surrendered to it. He can also help each of us be strong if we let Him.What a relief when we turn away. Not giving in helps you to grow in your faith.
 
There may be times that you find that you have given up and given in to that temptation. You do those things that you know God would not be pleased with. Then what do you do? God absolutely loves you inspite of your mistake and weakness. He will give you the power and strength to fight what ever that temptation when you come face to face with it.  When ever you come against that challenge, use the power God gives you, stand strong against temptation.

James 1:12

New International Version (NIV)


12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Dear Lord, You see the temptations that come before me. I thank You for loving me when I mess up and give in. Please forgive me for those times. I am praying for strength to resist the things that are not pleasing to You. Help me, Father, to stand firm in my faith and to keep my YOUR standards as I face each trial. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen
 


I opened my computer to read this....
Mountain Lake
Faith Tabernacle
July 4, 2013
SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS:
Keep your spirit clear and maintain peace. These are days when the enemy will bring all manner of temptation and distraction, but you must not deviate from truth, righteousness, and spiritual focus. Set your heart to be in complete unity with Me and My kingdom, says the Lord. I am yours, and you are Mine. Treasure these times when, faced with temptation, you overcome!
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.





 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment