Friday, June 7, 2013

"God's Perfect Peace"... from my guest, "Faith Writer"

An unexpected blessing from a guest writer.... From "Faith Writer"


God’s Precious Peace”

I was crying one night in my bed, trying to find peace in the midst of my circumstances, trying to stop crying, knowing that many hurt way more than me, and yet God understood. I thought I was just acting poor and pitiful and feeling sorry for myself, but it didn’t matter what I thought. God knew I was hurting, and He was getting ready to do something only He could do.

Things that make no sense are hard to explain, but to bring glory to my Father in Heaven, through Whom all things are possible, I will try.

God started telling me a story, so I could fall asleep. He was providing solace, where there was unrest. He was providing arms to hold me, as I wrestled against fact and reason. He won the battle. I had to surrender all I thought and all that I could imagine and accept He wanted to do something for me.

God was holding me in His arms and rocking me back and forth, like a parent would hold their child in their arms. As my head lay against His chest, I became more aware of His Presence and His desire to comfort me. The more I fought the idea of this ever being possible, the more I became still, knowing that He was God.

Could I explain it? No. Could I deny it? No.

It got even better than I could ever have imagined.

Instead of the usual cluttered room of books and clothes needing to be folded; in short, just a plain mess everywhere that needed organization, my eyes were drawn to small, clear bud vases that surrounded the room, each holding one yellow daisy.

God knew that I love daisies; I had never told Him that, but He knew. He knows everything about us …our hopes, our dreams, our life’s experiences, the number of hairs on our head, as opposed to the day before. If you’re like me, it changes, due to age.

He also knew I needed a fresh glimpse of Him and His Presence.

No longer did tears stain my face. It was if, without touching a single one with a tissue, He had dried them all and replaced the tears with a smile on my face from ear to ear and a peace beyond all understanding, because I was in the Presence of God.

I was afraid to tell anyone of this, but one day, I did. God wanted me to tell someone; I just had to wait for God’s perfect timing. The protection was already there, but He knew I would know who and when, and I would not be afraid, when I did speak. Since then, I have told one other person, and they believed it too.

The first person I talked to, said, “The single daisy has many petals.”

She helped me remember something. When I was a little girl, I would sit with a single daisy in my hand, and as I plucked one petal off the stem at a time, I would say, “he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not.”

I know it sounds silly, but I was using a flower to try and figure out if someone loved me or not. Did you notice the first word of the quotation? I did not capitalize it, because I was seeking love from men.

I did not know God, but God knew me, and He knew I would know Him and His Love one day. I searched everywhere for love, and Love found me.

Human love is human love. It’s not perfect. I’m not perfect.

God’s love is unconditional. The human mind cannot comprehend God’s love, because it makes no sense.

I have denied Christ over and over and over again, but He is the Only God that says, “I still love you.”

That’s REAL LOVE.

I Corinthians 13

1 comment: