Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Days without Rainbows


I adore the sweet days that God has provided. But lately, it's been a rainy season. Cloudy, cold and dreary. Writing of recovery and healing, for both myself and others, did put a smile on my heart. But today it felt like only a shadow, a glimpse of a memory of what that joy felt like. When I looked I saw the storm behind me, it brought blurry tears which ran down my cheek. Pain often returns trying to keep me captive. Rainbows seemed too far ahead to see and impossible to find while I looked at what I left behind. It haunted me.


Depression and disappointments. Blame and Shame. Self rejection. The storm can splash huge waves of negativity right into your soul.


I searched the internet to find a song, a message, that would help me find the praising escape. God, please, I feel so...trapped today. God heard and on the screen was today's “theme song” for me. STAND IN THE RAIN. It is exactly what I was doing. Standing. Getting soaked up in feeling sorry for myself. Letting Satan's lies over rule the promises of my loving Father.


I can't let Satan be my puppeteer. Letting him take control would be telling God that His promises were nothing to me. It would be the same as making Satan my god. Was I willing to call my Heavenly Father a liar? Was standing in the rain worth the pain? I need a rainbow God. I give control back to you. Help me to face forward so that I can see the rainbow. I know Your promises are there.
 
 



2 Peter 1:4 NIV
Through there He has given His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.


 
 
 

Life doesn't promise us rainbows, God does. Which direction are you looking in today? Encouraging you today, to pray your way through the rain.

 

1 comment: