Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sentence Reduced. He Took Back the Power




"Statutory Rape"  was written on the records from Tidewater Rape Information Services (T.R.I.S.) and it corrupted the abused children's reputation. " A juvenile matter" was written on the court summons. It lowered the severity of the case. The accusation was now reduced and the focus placed guilt on the victims and minimized the sentence of the man who molested. Justice wasn't served and instead of jail time or imprisonment, my abuser "walked" and I was the one sent away feeling misunderstood and trashy... taken out like discarded waste. Power was given back over to the abuser. My little brother and I were just another trophy owned by a sick a man who mutilated little bodies and the self esteem of an extreme amount of many ( many many many!) defenseless children.



That was 35 years ago and I still get disgusted at the thought. Tears don't  always roll down my cheek, but I can feel the heat of anger color my face like embers of a stirred smoldering fire. I often pick up the phone to call my childhood social worker for affirmation that I was strong in those days. I talk to gain the power back from the man who still seems to steal it from me.  Even after words from her, I still can feel empty, which leads me to where I should have gone in the first place... to pray.

While I dwell on the abuser and his power that he removed from my life, I also know that I was never as weak as I thought I was. I did stand up for the children who should have never been hurt. And I do it now,  even stronger than ever. This once weak child has been given strength through God Himself and the Holy Spirit because of Jesus Christ. And I stand with determination in the face of the accuser, Satan, and strip him of forces through Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:13 NIV: I can do all things through Him which gives me strength.

It's not My power. It is my Father's.

And I wouldn't be messing with my Father, God. His word clearly states that there will be punishment for wrong doings to His children. Matthew 18:6 "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

God is our greatest vindicator, and He wants to make all our wrongs right!   He will take care of every injustice. All we need to do is keep our focus on Him and let Him go to work. He’ll not just settle our case; He’ll do more than we can ask or imagine!


God took back the power and handed it to us through the blood of His own Son, so that we have the strength to face all trials. Whether or not  we see  abusers "hang" or not  does not mean they will get leave the witness stand free. The blood and final verdict is in God's hands. Let God take the gavel. Take back the power by giving it to Him.

 Oh Dear God,
   I often have to be reminded that You, Father, have power to deal with this warfare so I don't have to. Help me to keep Your promises fresh in my mind so that I can keep healing through You. Lord, I pray for favor for those who put their trust in You and I praise you for the Power of Your love. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus, who took the stand for me so the judgement sentence has not only been reduced but removed. Guilt removed because You took back the power.
I pray these things through the precious name of Jesus,
Amen
 
I invite you to listen to the reassuring song of the
Power of Your Love, With Lyrics, By Hill Song

 








   
     

3 comments:

  1. Mary, Your strength is undeniable. You're fighting a battle raged within yourself that you held silent for so long, that some of us may wonder how you're still standing. But one need only to stop and read your words, or listen to the fight in your voice to realize that God is your driving force. This isnt an easy thing to do, to admit it happened, let alone take to the world, but you, YOU are making a difference. I hope you realize just how very huge all of this is. We couldn't save you, and so many us hurt for you, but because of what you suffered, so many will not. Because of your voice, your faith, your voice, so many will be saved. And I truly believe God has always had very big plans for you. He gave you a path, you just had to find it. And find you did, my friend. Now those words on that paper, they may diminish what he did to you in a court of law, but in the eyes of God, those words are different. Whats written on God's summons is what mattters, Love. The abuser has no power over you. You have prayer, and faith and GOD. And, Im pretty sure you hold all the power in your heart with just THAT. So jold your held high. You have OVERCOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you, dear Friend! When I look at those sweet faces in the photos, my heart breaks to think of the atrocities you have lived through. You have come so far in your journey to wholeness, and now what satan meant for bad is turning to good. I am proud to claim you as my friend and I'm excited to see where God will lead you from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very proud of you Doodle. You are a courageous, mighty woman of God - a vessel poured out for His glory. It's an honor to watch Him working in your life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete